Meet Photowall’s designer Ulrika Gustafsson
Photowall celebrates the upcoming summer with a launch of wallpaper collection Summer memories. Ulrika Gustafsson created the design and collection which is exclusively available at Photowall. Summer meadows, gooseberries and cornflowers are some of the motifs.
Freshly picked gooseberries in enamel cup with milk on the stairs, bare feet on sun-warmed wooden floor and long forest walks along blooming meadows, the designer Ulrika Gustafsson has captured all the summer feelings in her collection Summer memories. We asked a few quick questions to get to know Ulrika little better.
What has inspired you in your collection Summer memories for Photowall?
– The collection is memories of hot summer days. A walk in a summer meadow with my sister, picking ripe gooseberries in a nice garden, or on a winding little path in the woods, looking for inspiration.
What is your favorite motif in the collection for Photowall?
– “Summer” is probably my favorite motif. The memory of a short walk on a hot summer day with my sister, when cow parsley, buttercups and water avens were in full bloom. I wanted to capture the feeling of finding myself in a summer meadow.
Can you tell us more about your art?
– I want to create designs that are beautiful and I got inspired by memories, nature, travelling and small things of everyday life. I can get an idea from everything: a nice plant, a small pinecone or a beautiful old house. I collect all of this and then put it together into little stories.
What drives you?
– A desire to create beautiful designs and illustrations. The opportunity to work with colors makes me happy, it is a way to tell different little stories. Drawing and creating designs is a great way of expressing myself.
What is your decor style and how does your home look like?
– I have not though about interior style. I like to go to flea markets and find nice things and I like creating something personal. I also have a lot of plants at home, including a big passion fruit that meanders in the kitchen. There also live a lot of small porcelain animals that are often flea markets finds.
Ulrika Gustafsson studied at HDK in Göteborg. Her collection Summer memories consists of 5 designs, all in three different color schemes, and is available for order as made-to-measure photo wallpaper at Photowall for 360 SEK per square meter.